Exciting Apprenticeship Opportunity
The IERFC, Ireland’s premier rehabilitation facility, is seeking an additional apprentice due to our continued expansion.
We are excited to be able to offer a fantastic opportunity for someone to enter into a 2 year apprenticeship, with educational support for a recognised qualification. The ideal candidate will be aged between 17 and 20 years old and must have;
- Have a keen interest in and wish to further their education in equine rehabilitation and fitness techniques,
- 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including English and maths to ensure you are eligible to enter further educational courses at the required level,
- If possible hold Grade C (or above) Pony Club Test or other recognised Equine qualification
- On a personal note you need to be enthusiastic, not afraid of hard work and pro active in looking for your next task
Duties will include:
- All types of daily yard work including mucking out, feeding, keeping stables, barns and yard clean and tidy at all times
- Assisting, under supervision, with treadmill, spa and salt room duties
- Dependant on your size and ability there may be a limited opportunity for an amount of ad hoc riding work but this is not guaranteed and should not be expected on a regular basis
If you apply yourself you will gain invaluable experience observing vets, chiropractors, physiotherapists, and farriers while they are dealing with our clients on site, as well as obtaining knowledge in relation to nutrition, dealing with injuries and wounds and bandaging techniques which will be obtained in the day to day workings of the yard.
Hours of work:
- Usually 40 hours per week, on an 8am-5pm basis but will include weekends as required, and at times you may be required to work overtime as needed,
- You will get a one hour daily lunch break.
Remuneration and benefits:
- You will be paid in accordance with Government set apprentice rates
- You will have educational courses paid for, usually including 2 weeks of residential learning.
Please apply in writing, including your cv outlining exam results and qualifications and a brief outline of your experience to email@example.com