ICO REGISTRATION NUMBER: ZA446537
Clinic patient privacy statement
The Irish Equine Rehabilitation & Fitness Centre is a data controller and is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The centre is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so. This privacy notice summaries how we collect and use personal data about you during and after your time as a client of this clinic. It applies to current and former clients. Please visit the website on for full privacy terms and conditions, or request a copy.
We need to collect personal information about you and your animal, in order to provide your animal with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes as a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment
2. We have a “legitimate interest” in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely
We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your animals care. This again constitutes “legitimate interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest
We will keep your personal information for aslong as you are a client of our centre and therefore as long as required to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
5. Your paper file is stored in a locked filing cabinet, the keys are locked in a safe, and then the offices are always locked outside of working hours. Paper records are never removed from the centre premises.
6. SMS appointment reminders will be sent to each client , but clients can opt out of this service if they wish. We do not use SMS or email marketing communications
7.Occasionally we will need to contact you in writing or provide vet report on your animals behalf. Such letters are saved securely on to our office computer, which are password protected and the office is always locked out of working hours.
8. we will never share your data with anyone who does not need access, without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
• your practitioner(s) in order that they can provide you with treatment.
9. You have the right to see what personal data of yours/your animals we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors
10. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records
11. Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you to explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
Making a complaint
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via their website:
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or how we handle your information, please contact Fiona FitzGibbon, The Irish Equine Rehabilitation and Fitness Centre, 6 Aghalee Road, Lower Ballinderry, Lisburn BT28 2JN. Telephone number: 07522227335. Email:
Please speak with Fiona FitzGibbon if you DO NOT consent to receiving SMS or email appointment reminders/ important centre updates. We will make sure your record is updated to reflect your consent and please be aware that you can opt out of this service at any time. We will not send you marketing communications.